British Columbia Snowmobiler Code of Ethics
1. I will be a good sports enthusiast. I recognize that people judge all snowmobile owners by my actions. I will use my influence with other snowmobile owners to promote fair conduct.
2. I will not litter trails or camping areas. I will not pollute streams or lakes.
3. I will not damage living trees, shrubs, or other natural features. I will go out only when there is sufficient snow so that I will not damage the land.
4. I will respect other people's property and rights.
5. I will lend a helping hand when I see someone in distress.
6. I will make myself and my vehicle available to assist search and rescue parties.
7. I will not interfere with or harass hikers, skiers, snowshoers, ice anglers or other winter sports enthusiasts. I will respect their rights to enjoy our recreation facilities.
8. I will know and obey all federal, state, and local rules regulating the operation of snowmobiles in areas where I use my vehicle. I will inform public officials when using public lands.
9. I will not harass wildlife. I will avoid areas posted for the protection or feeding of wildlife.
10. I will stay on marked trails or marked roads open to snowmobiles. I will not snowmobile where prohibited.